Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Close Up Interview with Photographer & Producer Anousha Hutton


Tell us a little about yourself and what you do.
I’m a photographer, director, producer.

Who (or what) inspires you to do what you love in your own creative business?
I love working with people primarily, learning about them, working with them.



Telling stories inspires me also- making people question themselves, entertained and happy is very rewarding.


Where do you get your inspiration from when you  do your shoot?
Usually before a shoot I’ll imagine what character I think people are, and shoot them how I see them. It’s fun playing dress up and bringing a theatrical aspect to photography. I am also inspired by music and sound- now moving into directing music videos it’s a great marriage between visuals and music.



Tell us about your very first job and what path have you taken since then?
My very first job in photography was assisting the director of British vogue, robin derrick, at 17. He was the one who encouraged me to go to college and study photography.


My path started in photography in London, I got my BA from camberwell arts in photography, once I graduated I moved to toronto. I assisted some of the top photographers in north america at westside studios. Then, moved to california where I have developed more skills in other areas like producing, I’ll always shoot photography though, for the rest of my life. It’s the only thing I know I’ll do forever.

Describe a typical day in your creative business?
Waking up, answering emails, writing emails, making calls. I’ve been doing a lot more producing work recently so it changes depending on the assignment. Usually, I produce everything I shoot.



As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration?
Money.

Can you please tell us about how do you connect with other artists, and your audiences (i.e. how do you network)?
I just get chatting to people and build friendships wherever I go, sometimes you meet the most inspiring people at a coffee shop rather than an actual networking event. I try to seek inspiration and contacts from unexpected places.


What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their passions?
Do what you want to do, make the art you want to make, and most importantly actually follow through with it. Procastination is one of the most popular routes people take through the creative process, stick with an idea give yourself a deadline and make it happen.

What dreams do you still want to achieve or fulfil in your life?
I would like to produce feature films that are globally recognized and awarded. 


What is your proudest moment so far?
Leaving an office with people crowding round a computer watching my work, that made me proud.



Who do you most want to meet and why?
Obama and Michelle, because they are an inspiration.

What is the most important lesson in life that you have learned?
When people are difficult, smile and be nice, Then they are more likely to do what you want then.

Where do we find you and your  service?



No comments:

Pure Leverage

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails